Blog Archive

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fun With Play Dough


Today Sabrina & I made some homemade play dough.  I put her down for a nap and then thought I would make her some play dough to play with when she woke up.  When I was into the 2nd batch I heard loud knocking and wondered what was going on.  After looking out the windows to see if it was the neighbors I ventured over to the stairs to find Sabrina sliding down them one by one and having fun. She then saw what I was doing and so we put the nap off until later.
I found a great link on Pinterest for homemade play dough only 6 ingredients and it can be made in about 3-5 minutes I cut the recipe in half & the portions were big enough to play with some & save some for the future.
Here's a link to the recipe


Sabrina enjoyed helping make the mix.

She had to play with it even though it needed to cool...it was just to tempting.


Once it cooled we rolled it into balls and practiced our colors.


 We practiced our colors a bit more and made a rainbow



 After practicing our colors it was good old fashion fun time!

 Sabrina decided it would be fun to bake it a bit in her kitchen



 Then we practiced our shapes with cookie cutters.

She had a blast with the rainbow bear, here's a clip of her playing with it.


Well that was our fun craft, color & shape lesson for the day. I'm glad we made a big batch because we both had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment