Blog Archive

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A bunch of love.



The past few days I've been working on Valentine's crafts.
Sabrina & I are hosting a Valentine's potluck tomorrow for our mom & tot's group so I though I would make some Valentines for Sabrina to give out.
Searching on my new favorite website Pinterest, I found these cute lollypop flower bundles (http://familyfun.go.com/valentines-day/valentines-day-cards/friendship-blossoms-825185/ ).  

If you haven't heard about Pinterest yet you should check it out, I love the craft & food ideas I find and also find it a great place to store ideas from websites I visit so I can revisit them later.  

You can find me on there at http://pinterest.com/melissadude/

Here's how I did them:

First I found some fun card stock & scrapbook paper and traced out hearts from one of my cookie cutters, then cut out the hearts.

I had some Purr-fect helpers for this craft....
Kailani

Biggs
Once I cut out all the hearts (I used 3 for each flower bundle),  I cut leaves from green card stock, and also cut small center flower shapes from some scraps.
 I assembled them together using double sided tape then punched a hole in the center. 
 Originally I had bought heart shaped lollipops, but these did not look as cute as round ones so I bought dum-dums, you can get blow-pops or tootsie pops but since the kids will mostly be toddlers I got the small dum-dums


Then Viola! I put them in a basket and can't wait for Sabrina to hand them out to her friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment