Blog Archive

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Part One

Happy Easter!

This was the first year we decorated eggs as a family.  I bought a really cool looking dye to do our eggs, a pearlescent type, and it was a real disappointment.  It smelled so bad I had to throw out the whole batch.  Luckily Target had regular tablet dye so we got to do them again, this time without the toxic smell of dye.  Sabrina had fun doing both batches. 


Here's a picture of her playing with the ice as the eggs cooled.


The first batch of eggs...

And the second batch.  Its always best to stick with the traditional dye, Sabrina loved all the colors!





I made some Carrot Cupcakes for Easter dessert, they came out fabulous.  Sabrina had fun helping me make the white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  I think her favorite part was licking the beaters.  

Sabrina's first time getting to eat frosting off the beaters.





This year I took Sabrina to Michaels Crafts and she picked out her first true Easter basket. The Easter Bunny filled it with books, bubbles, & chocolate.


Brian also got an Easter basket filled with his favorite treats, Reese's peanut butter eggs.

Sabrina was all full of smiles when she saw what the Easter Bunny brought her!





After breakfast she figured out how to open the chocolate bunnies.  I asked if I could have a bite & she told me no.

Sabrina eating her first chocolate Easter Bunny.


Be sure to check back later for pictures of Sabrina's egg hunt & outdoor playtime photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment