I had a fun weekend getting ready for our Halloween potluck with Sabrina's playgroup this week. I usually plan the potlucks for the group at one of our community centers and I wanted this one to be extra fun for the kids.
We decided to do some kid friendly crafts so Sabrina and I spent the weekend getting some examples ready.
Friday night Brian was at a work function so I decided it would be craft night with Sabrina...so much better than TV!
The first craft we made was a spider handprint.
Next we made Ghost footprints. I let Sabrina use child scissors for the first time. She had fun cutting and decorating.
I used Modge Podge to seal them and preserve them and give them a glossy finish.
We met some friends on Saturday and had all the girls make bat handprints. It was a good time.
I also made a beanbag toss for the potluck. It felt good to get the sewing machine out and make something that Sabrina could enjoy doing throughout the year. I chose a multi colored fabric so I could use it at various holidays, and filled the bags with baby lima beans. For Halloween I bought buckets at Walmart for $1 for the kids to toss the bags into.
Here's Sabrina trying out the new game
I also cut out an orange poster board in the shape of a pumpkin, decorated it, glossed it over with Modge Podge, and cut out extra noses for the kids to play a game of "pin the nose on the pumpkin".
Hopefully the kids will have a good time! Check back for pictures of the event!



No comments:
Post a Comment